Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
The Corporate Accountant’s role is to support the activities of the Finance department across a broad scope of areas. In this role, you will work with the Vendors, Supply Chain, Merchandising team, Finance associates, and our parent company to maintain, coordinate, enforce and record Financial activities including but not limited to accurate recording of vendor rebates activities, Bid Costing, and Inventory valuation and reserve activities.
What will I do?
- Communicate with vendors to facilitate collection of outstanding receivables, account reconciliation and variance resolution for Rebates, Allowance, Bid Costs and other program monies per contracts.
- Business Partner to Merchandising team to ensure proper Vendor Income accounting, ensure program rates are recorded in HFA (AS-400) Vendor Allowance module and the Vendor Contract Master listing (Excel), ensuring vendor agreement information is complete and up to date.
- Accrue Vendor Income for Contracts not yet executed or with Tiered targets
- Reconcile income, receivable and provision accounts with vendor statements and prepare reports (including Executive Summary) monthly/quarterly/annually in order to track vendor profitability.
- Recommend process efficiencies and automation to streamline the current process
- Analyze, report and liaise with business partners regarding issues related to inventory valuation, including but not limited to:
- Aging, obsolescence, write-offs (including reserves & provisions)
- Inventory Shrink
- Sales order Corrections, Inventory cost adjustments, price protection, and Clearance
- Prepare periodic financial reports & commentaries, including balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries for all Inventory related activities
- Business partner to Sales and Supply Chain on guidance for Sales and Order Corrections to ensure special orders and adjustments align with Accounting policies and Standards.
- In collaboration with Supply Chain management and Loss Prevention, conduct annual physical counts including new QPI cycle count process, analyze and report results and Control risks, and record financial impact of any gains or losses in General Ledger.
- Support the company’s Financial Close process including preparing entries, reviewing expenses to ensure completeness and accuracy for responsibility area, and supporting Finance Management to ensure all entries comply with policy and standards.
- Review, Reconcile, and provide analysis on assigned Balance sheet accounts monthly, including investigation and resolution of source issues. Identify Risks and present to Finance team quarterly.
- Support Financial Controls by creating and maintaining related processes & procedures, and make recommendations for process improvements for both efficiency and risk mitigation
- Complete 10Q (Quarter Close) analytics including reserves analysis, Inventory investment, VR in Ending Inventory and other analysis/commentary as needed.
- Perform other Ad-hoc accounting activities and special projects as assigned
What qualifications do I need?
- Accounting Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate accounting, preferably within retail or B2B distribution
- Vendor rebate and inventory reporting experience is an asset
- Proven problem solving abilities, detail oriented and a quick learner
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Exposure to AS-400 environment an asset
- Reporting capabilities an asset
- Organized, Motivated and proactive self starter with a commitment to deadlines and accuracy
What we offer
Grand & Toy offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on education and experience. We provide a rewarding and challenging career along with growth and career advancement. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates, along with incentives such as our associate/corporate discounts and rewards programs for management positions. Our corporate culture is team oriented, friendly and collaborative.
If this sounds like the job for you, we can’t wait to hear from you. We celebrate employment equity and diversity.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.