Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
As the business owner of a set complex categories, you will be responsible for developing and executing the implementation of business activities that drive his or her categories to achieve or exceed financial, operational and market targets. The Category Manager develops integrated category and vendor strategies within the context of Grand & Toy’s enterprise strategies and is accountable for assortment management, product marketing, merchandising and forecasting as well as developing effective strategic relationships with our supplier partners.
What will I do?
- Manage and create strategic vendor relationships and leverage all market resources available to manage the go to market strategy for Office Supply and Ink & Toner products
- Plan and manage a multi-product line portfolio in a B2B environment
- Develop and execute assortment and merchandising strategies
- Negotiate agreements with vendors to maximize profitability and Supply Chain efficiency
- Develop relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Plan and implement Line Reviews/category plans and develop best in class assortment
- Benchmark strategies and programs against vendors, competitors and obtain input from sales representatives and customers to maintain a leading-edge position in categories
- Review and refresh assortment of commodity Private Label products to leverage as price point fighters for end user contracts, customer acquisitions and RFP.
- Build and execute sales engagement forums to maximize market intelligence, new business acquisition tactics and speed to revenue processes integrating key vendors
- Work closely with Merchandising Teams (Canada and US) and counterparts in Marketing, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, etc. to develop and implement programs
- Communicate assortment adjustments, pricing changes, and promotional activity to various departments to ensure synergy across divisions and teams
- Work effectively with vendors to evaluate the performance of current products, develop new products, and plan promotional activity that will drive sales and grow revenue
- Use intuition, experience, market trend information, and fact-based analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape, effectively create ideas, implement changes and innovations
What qualifications do I need?
- A business-related university degree
- 3 to 5 years in a B2B category management role
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities through effective organizational and time management skills
- Above average communication skills, both oral and written
- Solid negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Good analytical skills and solid technical skills (Microsoft 365)
- Creativity, strong organizational skills, strategic thinker, and advanced leadership skills
- Experience in global sourcing is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.