Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. By working with Canadian businesses to help them change and compete, your contribution at Grand & Toy truly makes an impact. We are a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. When you join Grand & Toy, you will have opportunities to challenge yourself, develop new skills and make a real impact.
About the role
As Vendor Product Manager (Technology), you will be a central liaison, partnering with Grand & Toy stakeholders across the organization including sales, purchasing, finance, and marketing. You will be responsible for leveraging market/industry data to develop a partner specific go to market strategy, maximizing revenue, profitability and awareness for their respective partner(s). You will interact with senior level management and drive business growth.
What I will do?
Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business plans (15%)
- You will develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business plans that outline target customer segments, products, pricing and positioning. Plans will include revenue forecast, market share goals, and utilization of G&T marketing vehicles which would include promotions, campaigns, new product launches and other activities enhancing relationships with assigned partner(s). You will manage and maximize overall profitability, financial benefits and develop a strategy to invest funding.
Partner with internal stakeholders and vendors (50%)
- able to understand and effectively communicate partner organizational structure, and foster relationships with management and key decision makers.
- engage daily with your assigned partners and maintain open communication channels to ensure that all G&T and partner stakeholders are kept up to date on any issues, initiatives, projects, meetings/conferences.
- represent the assigned partner in meetings and speak to partner performance, category performance, program/promotion results and current initiatives.
- host regular business reviews to review partner performance and discuss joint initiatives.
- provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on partner performance, category performance, industry trends and market share.
- act as an escalation resource between assigned vendors and GRAND & TOY.
Marketing and Merchandising Functions (20%)
- Secure funding and provide appropriate content for marketing vehicles including websites and ensure internal system content related to the assigned vendors is up to date and on strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining key SKUs for all of vendor products, as well as work to ensure correct product information in all marketing materials related to assigned partner.
Act as a subject matter expert (15%)
- Educate departments on new product introductions and programs, features and competitive advantages and opportunities to identify sales within their customer base.
- Analyze industry information and interface with multiple departments internally to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales.
- Recommend pricing on exclusive promotions. Stay current on competitive analysis to measure special pricing positioning as well as vendors positioning to facilitate product launch plans.
What experience do I need?
- College diploma, preferably in marketing
- 2-3 years experience in project coordination, technology product sales or category/product management within the technology reseller space
- Proficiency with MS Office
- You have an innate ability to build quality relationships with vendor partners and internal customers
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
- Understanding new technologies comes easy to you
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented
- You are analytical and metrics driven, decisive and organized
- An effective communicator, you are able to constructively communicate with management, peers and coworkers and to deliver quality presentations
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits packages based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the needs created by these unique times, we are investing in strategic areas of our business. We seek to help our customers get back to work safely and securely, while improving their productivity. We are looking for your specific expertise to further strengthen our talent.