Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
Grand & Toy’s Facilities Business Unit manages and markets cleaning & maintenance supplies, food service & breakroom supplies, health & safety supplies, packaging supplies, material handling equipment and environmental control appliances to a broad range of customers across Canada.
As Account Manager, Cleaning and Breakroom, you will develop your territory through direct acquisition of net new customers and by supporting G&T sales representatives in growing the Facilities category within our existing customer base. Through provision of product/sales training, sales program education and sales-cycle support, you will collaborate with a team of sales representatives to find opportunities and grow accounts within a large, mature base of existing business.
What will I do?
- You will develop sales strategies and tactics for identifying new sales opportunities within existing Grand & Toy accounts.
- Partner with our generalist field reps to generate leads for all customers in your portfolio. Measure performance to plan and adjust as appropriate.
- Participate in regular Partnership and Opportunity Reviews with sales representatives and conduct reviews with customer decision makers for the top accounts within your portfolio.
- Educate, train and develop our general line sales representatives to increase their product knowledge in the Facilities category
What qualifications do I need?
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales (developing new accounts and growing existing accounts), preferably within the Jan/San industry
- Ability to uncover and qualify business opportunities through telephone or face-to-face prospecting activities
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities, determine your approach, and select the best solution
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, and negotiating skills
- Previous experience using Salesforce
- Experience with & ability to learn and utilize a complex pricing, order and sales tracking database tool (FMS/HFA/Clarity or the like)
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on education and experience. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates, along with incentives such as our associate/corporate discounts and rewards programs for management positions.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.