Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
Within our unionized warehouse environment, the Warehouse Coordinator supervises the receipts and goods for the returns department. In this role, you will coordinate return of goods to vendors, handle defective disputes, and discontinue or recall goods as well as destroy returned goods as appropriate to the Grand and Toy practices and policies. You will ensure that the returns process follows appropriate procedures and maintain documents electronically, as necessary. This role could lead to advancement to a supervisory role in the future.
What will I do?
- Coordinate return of goods to vendors, handles defective disputes, and discontinues or recalls goods and destroys returned goods as appropriate to the Grand and Toy practices and policies.
- Communicate the returns process with customers and employees and manage employees involved in the returns process.
- Maintain records and goals for KPI purposes
- Make day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department.
- Have a thorough knowledge of department processes.
What qualifications do I need?
- 3+ years experience working in a high volume Administrative/ Management role within in a warehouse/production environment.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to support and guide 10 or more people in multiple areas and levels of functions.
- Leadership Skills: will need resolve conflicts, as well as keep employees motivated and on-task.
- To be able to clearly communicate and articulate with all business units in a professional manner.
- Critical-Thinking Skills; will need to create devise plans of action and access those plans regularly.
- Organizational Skills: Needs to be able to Multitask, keep people and many moving pieces organized and working productively.
- Problem-Solving Skills: will need to be ready when problems arise or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen.
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.