Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy, a 137-year old Canadian B2B company with strong brand and a great reputation, is a digital and e-commerce driven business. We partner with our customers to deliver product and service solutions which maximize their efficiency and productivity. The result is a fast-paced, customer-centric, innovative and exciting organization where our employees depend on different types of technology to get work done.
About the Role
Working from either our Vaughan or Montreal office, the Pricing Analyst will develop modeling and analytics for customer profitability based on product margin, Vendor Rebates, Cost to Serve and Contribution Margin with a focus on Facilities and Technology. The analyst also works as a resource that infuses overall corporate strategy into the pricing process, assessing and working to avoid risk and exposure. The Analyst will champion the approval process for profitability models that fall outside of corporate guidelines.
What will I do?
- Provide analytics and strategic recommendations for pricing decisions on moderately complex accounts, supporting field sales in delivering profitable growth. You will also suggest effective pricing strategies and structures on proposals, molding them to our constantly evolving business practices. 50%
- Facilitate conference calls with key stakeholders to proactively suggest pricing scenarios that represent appropriate price target setting and adherence/compliance to pricing approval requirements. Assists in navigating Sales through evolving processes designed to maintain compliance with policy, reporting and approval systems. 25%
- Effectively use existing tools and data sources and make recommendations for improving and developing process. Use analytical skills and decision making to determine when various reports are necessary and review data to ensure accuracy of output and identify when system errors may exist. 10%
- Support sales in presenting results to our customers, preparing data for client proposals/reports. Develops pricing proposal rationale, pricing breakdowns, and supporting data by determining information required to comply with company and customer requirements. 5%
- Make recommendations in customer pricing exercises, as well as, identification of risk areas that require escalation, then presenting for approval to Key Stakeholders and Senior Management team. 10%
What qualifications to I need?
- University or college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a finance / financial modeling / strategic planning / sales analysis or similar experience
- Experience in pricing analysis within the Jan/San or Technology industries is an asset
- Bilingualism in English/French is required
- Well-developed communications skills to convey financial and business impact to non-financial stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Product-marketing knowledge is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and AS400 (HFA)
- Proficiency with Power BI is an asset
- Knowledge of Access and SQL is an asset
- Organized with excellent time management skills
- Personable and able to work well with associates at all levels of the organization
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.