Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
What will I do?
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a sole contributor, responsible for prospecting and closing new business. Focusing on mid-market Canadian Companies, you will be the primary contact for customer decision-makers and responsible for the sales process. This is a 100% hunter role. Following the award of a sales contract, you will work closely with the Account Manager and Sales Management as well as other company resources to successfully transition account implementation and management responsibilities to them.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are confident approaching and engaging with potential business customers, from manager to C level. You have a solution sales approach and excel at delivering convincing sales presentations. You are competitive, organized, focused and enjoy the challenge of creating win/win solutions.
What qualifications do I need?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a business or marketing related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years validated sales success in an outside sales role with a deep understanding of consultative selling and sales planning
- Strong knowledge of prospecting/ telesales and sales process.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, and utilize, a complex pricing, order and sales tracking database tool
- Confident speaking and delivering compelling sales presentations to all levels of customer, from entry level to senior executive
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport with potential customers
- Strong negotiation skills and closing ability
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision as well as function in a team environment
- Able to handle multiple priorities through effective organization and time management skills
- Local market knowledge with established business connections as well as proven networking skills to help you to succeed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, video presentations and CRM tools is required
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting technology.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- A competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience.
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, employee discount programs.
- Comprehensive training for all new associates.
- To be part of a company that gives back to our local communities.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.