Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is an entry level outbound selling position focused on new business development. We are looking for a dynamic individual with a bias for action and comfort level working within a high activity environment. You will be a key contributor to expanding Grand & Toy’s customer base. In this role, you will actively engage net new business opportunities by phone, email, and social media. You will develop leads within our high value customer segment by cultivating interest that will lead to joint discovery calls.
What will I do?
- Outbound cadences (call, email, social, marketing) focused on generating new business opportunities (70%)
- Conduct and facilitate discovery meetings with high value new business opportunities (20%)
- Participate in vendor and organizational trainings to keep up to do with industry trends and solutions (5%)
- Administration, product knowledge development and other duties as assigned (5%)
What qualifications do I need?
- Post-secondary education, preferably a university degree in Business, Commerce or Marketing
- 1-2 years of experience in inside or field sales, account management, net new business development, sales development or outbound sales call centre
- You are digitally savvy and are proficient or you have dabbled in:
- Presentation software (Google Slides, Prezi, Powerpoint)
- Meeting and collaboration software (Google Meet, MS Teams, Zoom etc.)
- Comfortable speaking with businesses over the phone
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Research Capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- CRM experience is an asset
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Excellent communicator; bilingualism in English and French is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting technology.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- A competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience.
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, employee discount programs.
- Comprehensive training for all new associates.
- To be part of a company that gives back to our local communities.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.