Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy is a B2B-focused, e-commerce driven company with a 130-year history, strong brand recognition, and a great reputation. We are a national provider of workplace related products and solutions to businesses across Canada. We partner with our customers to deliver solutions which maximize their efficiency and productivity. We are a fast-paced, customer-centric, innovative, and exciting organization where our employees, customers and suppliers depend on different types of technology to get work done.
About the Role
Are you an enterprise Infrastructure & Operations leader with strong, hands-on, technical skills who enjoys developing teams and wants to be part of a transformation from legacy to modern infrastructure while maintaining smooth and secure daily IT operations? Then read on…
As an IT leader, you will cultivate a customer-focused and service-oriented culture and lead a team of ten employees plus 3rd party service providers. You will report to the Head, IT and be part of the IT Leadership team. You will interact with multiple stakeholders including our parent company’s IT and Information Security teams to ensure an appropriate service portfolio is established and maintained. You will be accountable for 7x24 operations, security and performance of our IT platforms.
You will accelerate cloud migration and provide I&O solution option for current and new IT projects which add value to the business. You will develop and execute the appropriate onshore/offshoring strategy that fits with G&T’s business needs and delivers the right level of service and cost-efficiency.
What will I do?
I&O Roadmap - Planning and Execution
- Lead the development, communication, and delivery of the I&O technology roadmap
- Contribute to the next generation of G&T’s technology roadmap to ensure I&O elements are considered.
- Provide direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, security, and support of IT systems.
- Define, develop and manage a comprehensive and integrated IT service management landscape.
- Develop and execute a plan to migrate infrastructure to Azure.
- Develop and execute a plan to build a hybrid onshore-offshore team
- Develop a forward-looking I&O workforce while ensuring current systems remain reliable, stable and efficient.
- Develop and present business case justifications for IT initiatives.
- Develop and manage the annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for I&O and ensure it is aligned with overall enterprise objectives.
- Manage key IT vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to ensure our partners are performing and SLAs are at the right level.
- Adopt techniques and practices; such as Agile, Service Integration and Management (SIAM) or ITIL to ensure that organizational processes align with desired maturity levels.
- Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations. Establish KPIs and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Oversee the management of data center facilities and ensure their operational readiness.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of services and agile response to changing business priorities.
- Direct the management of IT assets, including software licenses and hardware complete lifecycle management.
Security, DR, Risk Management
- Accountable for IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Accountable for development, execution and regular testing of the DR strategy for all mission critical applications including our iSeries ERP solution and our proprietary eCommerce Platform.
- Accountable for IT Incident Response Plan and Communications.
- Accountable for Information Security.
- Accountable for compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and other audits.
What qualifications do I need?
- University Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related area.
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Networking, and Security technologies or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on, technical experience in I&O.
- 5+ years leadership of an I&O team.
- 3+ years of experience with Information Security
- ITIL certification or experience complying with ITIL requirements
What technical skills do I require?
- IT service delivery best practices and design.
- Expertise with core networking concepts, including traffic analysis, software and hardware troubleshooting, LAN & WAN design and network management.
- Microsoft Active Directory design and implementation best practices.
- VMware and/or Hyper-V System Design and Cloud-based administration
- Expertise with network security technologies including firewalls, VPN, network access control, vulnerability scanning, IDS/IPS and web application firewalls a plus.
- Experience with Cisco network technologies.
- IAAS and Azure cloud migration.
- Understanding of Cisco Call Manager VOIP implementations or similar solutions.
- Experience with enterprise storage technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Experience operating in a legacy mainframe environment and migrating legacy to cloud.
What does Grand & Toy offer?
We offer a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, flexible working arrangements along with various other employee perks.
More importantly, we offer our associates a great place to work, to develop themselves and others, to collaborate with a great team and to make a difference. We pride ourselves on our 5C culture and bring it to life every day in the way we work. If you want to work in a business that is growing, transforming and looking for leaders with a voice, with ideas, with talent, you should definitely talk to us.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.