Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
This position will be part of Grand & Toy DevOps team and will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining eCommerce and Search applications for Grand & Toy’s eCommerce platform. The individual will play a critical role as part of our ongoing technology transformation of our eCommerce and Search platforms. This person works closely with the Application Development Manager and helps to ensure that design and development requirements are met in a timely, efficient, and reliable manner.
What will I do?
- Analyzes business requirements and prepares technical specifications for IT development
- Develops, enhances, and maintains the Search Infrastructure and Code for Spring Boot and ELK stack on Azure
- Integrates HTML mock-ups provided by e-Commerce and Marketing into ASP.NET Model View Controller views
- Prepares technical documentation for system changes
- Promotes system changes to the development, test and production environments
- Ensures that IT systems are well documented
- Provides third level support for grandandtoy.com
- Ensures that web applications are secure, efficient and designed for scalability
What qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years of practical experience with Java, Java Spring Boot design and development - preferably within an e-commerce environment
- At least 5-7 years of practical experience with designing and developing Java & Spring Boot Applications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ELK Stack (Elastic – Kibana – Logstash) development, deployment, and optimization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Cloud application design, development and deployment experience with Azure is critical
- Experience with container framework such as Docker and Kubernetes e is essential
- Experience with Open Source Technology Stack such as Redis Cache, Kafka and Zookeeper will be great advantage
- Knowledge of ContentStack development is an additional advantage
- Knowledge of .NET, C#, SQL and MVC framework is an asset
- Bilingual - English/French is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.