Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy is one of the largest B2B ecommerce companies in Canada. We have a great brand, reputation, and a very loyal customer base. We excel in all things digital. We partner with our customers to deliver product and service solutions which maximize their efficiency and productivity. The result is a fast-paced, customer-centric, innovative and exciting organization where our employees depend on different types of technology to get work done.
About the Role
Quality assurance and change control is an integral function that requires a dynamic resource to help define and execute our successful test cases in supporting the ongoing development of our eCommerce sales platform; grandandtoy.com. The eCommerce Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for ensuring that internally developed or purchased eCommerce solutions are developed, tested, and implemented in a consistent manner while meeting established quality targets. You will be working closely with business stakeholders throughout multiple levels of the organization, including but not limited to eCommerce, Merchandising and Digital Marketing.
You will participate in the entire journey of delivering quality products to our platform, from ideation to deployment, assisting in the business requirement documentation, test cases and providing the key outputs in reporting and summation that validate the readiness for go-live.
What will I do?
Testing Requirements (20%)
- Work closely with developers to develop, refine, and extend test plans
- Perform manual testing on desktop, mobile, and web application
- Document, maintain, and review systems and processes
- Write test cases for tracking defects and fixes
- Log defects and track them proactively and follow them through to closure
- Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort
- Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis
Strategy and Planning (20%)
- Create test strategy (KIRDAL Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies etc.)
- Gather inputs and Prepare test plan covering timelines. Provide signoff on the test plan
- Identify risks and issues
Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns) (20%)
- Review the test scenarios and seek review as required
- Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them
- Review the test cases to ensure total coverage of requirements
- Support the team/ client in conducting UAT
- Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing
- Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution
Coding Practices & Defect Management (20%)
- Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time
- Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner
- Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
- Support Quality Assurance goals
- Adhere to all customer standards, policies, and governance practices
- Actively involved in all phases of full development lifecycle
- Involvement with development teams and architects early in the project life cycle to identify dependencies
Test Execution (20%)
- Review the test results and discuss during team release meetings
- Prepare Test Summary Report
- Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted during Retrospective
- Discussion with the development, release & deployment team stakeholders to make go-no-go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
- Possess specialist knowledge on Continuous integration/deployment & delivery using industry best tools & technologies
- Experience in converting Test scenarios into Automation test scripts and configure essential data
What qualifications do I need?
- University degree or College Diploma in computer science or equivalent
- 1-3 years previous experience in Software Testing
- Experience in Automation testing is a plus
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
- Strong communication skills in English. French an asset
- Knowledge of SQL and database queries
- Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and .NET framework (Preferred)
- Expertise in at least one programming language (such as: .Net, C#, Python,) in addition to Continuous Integration tools (such as: Jenkins, GitHub)
- Knowledge of Selenium with Python is an asset
- Proven experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, both technical and non-technical in a fluid environment where change is the norm
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Experience working for an organization with an eCommerce channel is an asset
- Organized, detail oriented; confident and energetic; effective communicator and team player
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.