As the Operations Team Lead you will lead all activities relating to production. You will communicate and support associates towards attainment of unit goals and objectives. You will also build team performance culture with associates and peers and establish and measure operational goals and achievements for the unit. In addition you will determine the correct allocations of labour and control labour costs and maintain customer service interactions as well as vendor relationships.
What You Get To Do:
· Evaluate and monitor activities, determine labour requirements, allocation of associates, monitoring performance and identifying system issues
· Identify and resolve operational problems; take corrective action to ensure that immediate problems are resolved and root problems addressed
· Communicate and support associates towards attainment of unit goals and objectives;
· Conduct pre-shift meetings, involve associates in problem solving and solicit input on performance management initiatives and build team performance culture with associates and peers
· Establish and measure operational goals and achievements for the unit based on assessment of current needs (Safety, Quality and Productivity)
· Plan, guide and evaluate associates and situations to determine what actions need to be taken to produce best results
· Determine the correct allocations of labour, control labour costs (overtime and allocation of overtime)
· Provide input in hiring new associates
· Liaise with other branch departments, head office and other branch locations
· Participate as active member of the occupational health & safety committee
· Maintain customer service interactions as well as vendor relationships
· Provide timely analysis and reporting of operation and payroll activities including commentary
· Lead or participate in various special projects
What You Bring To The Role:
· Post secondary, two year community college diploma in Distribution/Logistics Management is preferred
· 3-5 years related experience in a large distribution centre is an asset
· Proactive solution oriented leader that can affect and influence behavior and results
· Excellent PC, communication, problem solving and people management skills are required.
· Forklift experience is considered an asset
What We Offer You:
Grand & Toy offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on education and experience. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates, along with incentives such as our associate/corporate discounts and recognition programs. We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.