Who Is Grand and Toy:
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. By working with Canadian businesses to help them change and compete, your contribution at Grand & Toy truly makes an impact. At Grand & Toy, you are a valued member of our customer experience team and invest in your skills to support this important part of our business.
The Operations Supervisor will lead and supervise activities relating to production and inventory, ensure supervision of an assigned unit and is consistent with the needs and requirements of the other units and overall DC productivity. You will initiate continuous improvement in KPI, safety, quality and the productivity of the distribution centre. The successful candidate must be available to work a 10:00am-6:30pm shift with flexibility of occasionally working the morning or late afternoon shift.
What You Get To Do:
- Evaluate and monitor activities, determine labour requirements, allocation of associates, monitoring performance and identifying system issues
- Identify and resolve operational problems; take corrective action to ensure that immediate problems are resolved and root problems addressed
- Communicate and support associates towards attainment of unit goals and objectives; Recognize associate contributions; Conduct pre-shift meetings, involve associates in problem solving and solicit input on performance management initiatives; Build team performance culture with associates and peers
- Establish and measure operational goals and achievements for the unit based on assessment of current needs (Safety, Quality and Productivity)
- Plan, guide and evaluate associates and situations to determine what actions need to be taken to produce best results
- Determine the correct allocations of labour, control labour costs (overtime and allocation of overtime)
- Provide input in hiring new associates
- Liaise with other branch departments, head office and other branch locations
- Maintain customer service interactions as well as vendor relationships
- Provide timely analysis and reporting of operation and payroll activities including commentary
- Lead or participate in various special projects
What You Bring To The Role:
- Post secondary, two year community college diploma in Distribution/Logistics management
- Three – five years related experience in a large distribution center environment
- Must have two – three years supervising experience within a unionized facility
- Proactive solution oriented supervisor that can affect and influence behavior and results
- Excellent PC, communication, problem solving, and people management skills are a must
What We Offer You:
Grand & Toy offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on education and experience. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates, along with incentives such as our associate/corporate discounts and recognition programs. We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.