Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
The Director, Business Development (DBD), Facility Supplies, is responsible for hunting and closing net new janitorial/facility supply customers as well as prospecting from a list of our named existing accounts.
What will I do?
The mandate of this role is to execute signed janitorial/facility supply contracts, generate maximum sales potential for all targeted accounts within the target customer base, achieve sales and profitability objectives as outlined by the VP Sales, and develop and implement strategies and action plans for growth related to executed contracted agreements within the Facility Supplies line of business.The mandate of this role
Your three main areas of focus will be:
- Achieving GP & sales targets (70%)
- Sales planning (20%)
- Administrative duties and product / market intelligence (10%)
What qualifications do I need?
- College or University Degree, preferably in business or marketing
- Minimum of 5 years consultative sales experience within the janitorial/facilities supplies industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Skype for Business, Salesforce and web and ecommerce navigation
- Consistent successful performance and quota achievement
- Proven track record of building, developing and managing strategic customer relationships
- Analytical ability with strategic planning and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the industry, current trends, and able to leverage that information to the benefit of Grand & Toy and the customer
- Strong team selling expertise
- Proven conceptual selling and consultative selling skills
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
What does Grand & Toy offer?
Grand & Toy offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience, along with other perks such as our associate/corporate discounts and reward programs for management positions. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.