Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the Role
The Business Development Manager, Core Cleaning and Chemical (BDM) is responsible for hunting and closing net new janitorial/facility supply customers with annual sales between $50,000 - $200,000 annually with the GTA.
You are the primary contact with customer decision-makers and lead the entire sales process including lead generation, through effective research and networking methods, securing and conducting discovery meetings, and prescribing or proposing purchasing solutions that meet the prospective client’s business needs and deliver on Grand and Toy profitability goals.
Following the award of a sales contract, you will work closely with the Account Manager and other company resources to successfully transition the account implementation and management responsibilities over to them. You will be responsible for the successful ramp up and revenue/ profit attainment to goal with new customers and participate in regular customer business reviews for the first full year of the customer purchasing facility supply products and services from Grand and Toy, ensuring that both the customer and Grand and Toy’s goals are achieved.
What will I do?
- Engage in field sales activities, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with decision influencers, decision makers, end users, current buyers and new prospects within an organization, on a regular, as required, basis. Direct account sales strategy and sell value beyond the core product offering to meet buyer needs, utilizing our strategic pricing strategy.
- Build business & customer relationships by proactively creating an awareness and presence with customers and ensuring that prospective customers are familiarized with Grand & Toy's total solutions beyond core office supplies (MPS, Furniture, CBFS, Technology). 50%
- Network and cold call prospective customers (based on customer profile in volume, size and service requirements) to arrange meeting times to present Grand & Toy as a potential vendor. Present Grand & Toy solutions that relate directly to key needs and business issues of account. 30%
- Research and ask questions to learn about and understand the needs of the customer and be able to develop, and present, a solution that is customized to and addresses the situation. The solution must balance the needs of the customer, while still maintaining an acceptable level of profit for the company. Develop and execute on very complex pricing strategies. 10%
- Strategic orchestration of company resources to provide a holistic solution and oversee the implementation process for new accounts. Enter and maintain customer information in Salesforce on a regular basis and in a timely fashion. Extract customer information to create business plans, sales presentations and support strategic customer solutions. Resolve administrative maintenance and invoicing issues as necessary. Lead team projects on an as needed basis within the territory. Act as a peer coach/sales team motivator for other sales representatives. 10%
What qualifications do I need?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a business or marketing related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years consultative sales experience with 3 years outside sales success in a business development or hunting capacity within the Jan/San industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Skype for Business), with solid navigation skills and functional capabilities of Grand & Toy’s web site and of Grand & Toys’ E-Commerce.
- Proficiency in using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Analytical ability with strategic planning and decision-making skills.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining large accounts.
- An understanding of the customer relationship process, buying cycle and a demonstrated record of mid to senior level customer contacts.
- A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport with potential customers
- Strong negotiation skills and closing ability
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision, as well as function in a team environment
- Able to handle multiple priorities through effective organization and time management skills
What does Grand & Toy offer?
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting technology.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- A competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience.
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, employee discount programs.
- Comprehensive training for all new associates.
- To be part of a company that gives back to our local communities.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.