Who is Grand and Toy:
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you are a valued member of our customer experience team and invest in your skills to support this important part of our business.
You will service and maintain Customer Fulfillment Centre (CFC) and office building equipment, including but not limited to Lighting, Conveyors and Racking. You will identify issues with other building system including but not limited to minor plumbing issues, minor heating and ventilation system issues, minor building electrical system issues, minor battery charging issues.
The start and end times of shift are subject to change based on operational requirements – Afternoon/evening shift. Changes will be made as prescribed by the collective agreement. This is a unionized position working within a unionized facility. Successful applicant must pass a series of practical testing.
What you get to do:
- Ensure all conveyors are fully operational during production shifts
- Identify and repair all conveyor breakdowns
- Respond to emergency conveyor breakdowns.
- Perform conveyor scheduled Preventive Maintenance
- Operate and change setting on the Conveyor controller
- Inspect, conveyor compressed air system
- Identify and report on all potential equipment problems
- Perform Simple Preventive maintenance on building systems
- Ensure all Lift Truck battery chargers are in good working condition
- Ensure all Lift Truck Batteries are in good working condition.
- Repair and maintain pump trucks
- Inspect and identify problems with all operations equipment
- Inspect, and identify problems with building ventilation and heating system
- Identify problems with compressor pumps and gearboxes
- Inspect and Replace office and CFC lighting
- Report all potential issues with all Operations and Building equipment
- Operate and troubleshoot low pressure steam and hot water heating systems
- Operate computer systems to control building ventilation
- Operate and set alarm systems
- Operate building fire protection system
- Respond to emergency alarm calls
- Complete inspection report, maintenance requests and other related paperwork
- Keep track of time spent working on a particular task
- Work safely at all times
- Keep accurate records of repairs performed
- Other maintenance related tasks as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- Must have Grade 12 or equivalent education
- Must have a valid Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license (433A)
- Minimum of five (5) year’s experience working as maintenance mechanic is required
- Certification to operate industrial lift equipment is preferred
- Ability to operate PC is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required
- PLC diagnostic software knowledge is preferred
What We offer you:
Grand & Toy offers competitive wages and benefits packages based on education and experience. We proudly provide comprehensive training for all new associates, along with incentives such as our associate/corporate discounts and rewards programs for management positions. We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.