Who Is Grand and Toy
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you have opportunities to challenge yourself, develop new skills and make a real impact.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for providing creative support on all Marketing efforts across varying mediums. This position will transform high-level project requirements into tangible user experiences, utilizing the latest standards in graphic design, usability, digital, email, front-end web development and print.
What you get to do
- Use the principals of good design to layout and format of all marketing and promotional materials; brochures, flyers, sell sheets, banners, ads, etc.
- Incorporate brand approved elements (photography, illustrations, graphic elements, typography and copy) together into a well designed message
- Wireframe and design graphics for websites, micro-sites and email utilizing strong usability principals to create interfaces that meet experience standards
- Adhere to the creative workflow process; attending briefing meetings, producing multiple design comps and working iteratively with project stakeholders through concept to completion
- Take ownership and pride in delivering and completing clean, high-quality, pixel-perfect designs in line with our brand standards
What you bring to the role
- Over 2-5 years experience working in a Creative Marketing environment
- Diverse portfolio strong on the creative side in print, digital, email and web design
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Dreamweaver)
- Good understanding of Bootstrap
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects, deliver programs and tactics on time in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to carry creative vision from concept to completion
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Work collaboratively with marketers and copy writers
What we offer you
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting designs.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Flex hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Brand new modern, open concept offices. Check it out for yourself here.
- Dress for your day – come in your casual dress attire every day, unless you have a client meeting. Then it’s dress to impress.
- Comprehensive training for all new Associates
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discount and rewards programs.
- To be part of an iconic Canadian company that gives back to our Community.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
When applying online please include a link to your creative portfolio.